ORDERING AND PAYMENT
1. All orders are only confirmed on receipt of our invoice. All wines are offered subject to availability and final confirmation.
2. Unless otherwise agreed, payment is due on receipt of invoice and can be made by bank transfer, credit or debit card payment via telephone, or PayPal. Our account details will be found on your invoice. Please reference the invoice number and customer number on all payments.
3. Unless otherwise stated all prices on this website are exclusive of VAT and, depending on delivery address, any applicable local taxes or duties. VAT will be added to all invoices except in the following circumstances;
Wines in bond transferred to a bonded storage account
Delivery to a VAT registered company in another EU member state
4. All wines are priced in GBP and all other rates provided are for indication only. Costs associated with shipping, delivery and other ancillary costs will be noted as available and may change without posted notice.
5. We reserve the right to cancel all orders where payment is not received within 7 days.
6. Hamilton Wine Company retains title over all goods until payment is received.
DELIVERY, LEAD TIMES AND ACCEPTANCE OF GOODS
1. Preparation for delivery starts as soon as payment is received. Delivery lead times will vary according to destination and further information can be seen on our website or obtained by email. Refer to the delivery information provided with your order for additional information.
2. We can supply photos prior to purchase for many of our older wines as an indication of condition.
3. In line with international standards, Hamilton Wine Company is unable to accept any responsibility for wines that are out of condition or corked. It is essential that the person receiving the goods should check the contents carefully before signing the delivery slip. Any discrepancy must be mentioned on the delivery slip along with the name and quantity of any missing or broken items. This must also be reported to the delivery company by registered mail within three days. As soon as we are informed of the dispute we will investigate and claim on our insurance if applicable. Only an accurate and detailed description of the missing or broken items signed by the person who took delivery can give rise to any reimbursement.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. To purchase products from Hamilton Wine Company you must be 18 years of age or more and legally permitted to purchase alcohol in your country of origin.
2. Hamilton Wine Company will not be liable for failure to meet agreed obligations due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control. Photographs on this website are illustrative and non-contractual.
3. Hamilton Wine Company undertakes to protect the confidentiality of all information provided by our customers, with it being for the sole use of Hamilton Wine Company. Any personal data held by us will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. You have the right to access, rectify or delete any and all information concerning any of your data held by us.
All our contracts are made under Scottish law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts. The website accessible at www.hamiltonwinecompany.com is published and owned by Hamilton Wine Company.
Unit 5, Parkburn Industrial Estate
Park Burn Court
Hamilton, South Lanarkshire
© Copyright Hamilton Wine Company